shrimp tostadas with strawberry salsa
8 6-inch corn tortillas
2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing
1 16-ounce container Always Fresh strawberries, diced
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
¼ cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup diced red onion
2 limes, divided
2 avocados, pitted and peeled
1 pound 16/20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Very lightly brush both sides of corn tortillas with olive oil and place on prepared pan in a single layer. Bake until just starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip tortillas and continue baking until crisp, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and set aside to cool.
- Using a medium bowl, combine strawberries, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, red onion and the juice of half a lime. Season with salt and pepper, refrigerate until serving.
- Place avocado in a medium bowl with juice of half a lime. Season with salt and pepper and mash with a fork. Cover with plastic wrap touching the surface and refrigerate until serving.
- Using a medium bowl, toss shrimp with a tablespoon of oil, paprika and cumin to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper. Using a large nonstick sauté pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté until cooked through and center of shrimp is opaque, about 90 seconds per side, remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread tostada shells with avocado mash, top with sautéed shrimp and strawberry salsa. Serve with remaining lime cut into wedges and garnish with cilantro.